Saturday, June 25, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins

Oh my.  These are so so very good.  You can change out the fruit and yogurt on these.  I've done them with peaches and peach yogurt and they are so spectacular.  I have heard you can use blueberries with blueberry yogurt as well.  Oh, the possibilities.....

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened (I use salted)
1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries

Combine sugar, eggs, yogurt, butter, and vanilla.  Add in dry ingredients.  Fold in strawberries.  Line muffin/cupcake pan with muffin liners.  Fill to the top.  These muffins don't puff up a lot, or at all, really.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Wait until they cool down a little bit because if you eat them while they are hot you will burn your mouth.  Trust me.  I just did.

Also, make sure to try the batter before you put it in the muffin liners.  It is delicious.  Just don't eat all of it, or you won't have any muffins to eat later.  And that would be a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment