Friday, October 14, 2011

Alice Springs Chicken

This is kind of a rip off of the Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse.  It originally called for 10 strips of bacon, but I try my best not to clog our arteries too much with one meal, so I cut it in half.  It also calls for sauteed mushrooms (2 cups) but no one in my family will eat those, so I leave them out.  It is really delicious.... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Alice Springs Chicken

4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
1 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup Cheddar cheese

Honey Mustard Marinade:

1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp veg. oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Soak chicken in 2/3 cups of the marinade for 4 hours, or overnight.  Pan fry the chicken until browned up on all sides.  Place the chicken in a casserole dish and brush with a little of the remaining marinade.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika.  Put the bacon, crumbled up, and cheeses on top.  Bake for 10 minutes or until done at 375 degrees.  Serve with remaining marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment